We all know the poignant, creative, heartwarming and cultural Telekom and Petronas Deepavali ads that are aired on TV a week before the festival of lights. Those ads are a unique variation to Malaysia – there is no such norm in other countries.
So, here we bring you top 10 Deepavali ads that are rib tickling, thought provoking, meaningful and especially, Malaysian.
Top 10 – Best Telekom and Petronas Deepavali ads
- This ad evoked much controversy and criticism because some of us found it distasteful. The censure was so strong, this ad was stopped from airing on TV.
- This ad by Petronas symbolizes the significance behind Deepavali, that is, light eradicating darkness like how enlightenment eradicates ignorance. The triumph of good over evil.
- Pinpointing inter racial love interest, this Deepavali ad by Telekom suggests how we, Malaysians like ourselves, CAMPUR.
- This melodramatic ad brings us back to KR Vijaya’s black and white time where the slightest trouble would set her flying into rivers of tears and special effect lightning bolts. Nonetheless, all ends well.
- The multilingual aspect of Malaysians is depicted in this ad where a Malay pak cik speaks Tamil as candidly as he does effortlessly.
- This ad by Petronas communicates that as a community, we should not try to bring others down in duplicitous ways. Instead, we should work hard to progress and work with and for each other.
- Tackling bullying and inferiority complex, this ad drives the message that every human being has a purpose for being here and no one is inferior to another just because they are not garden variety.
- Dream big. That’s the message this Deepavali ad conveys. Our parents give us wings – it’s up to us how to use those wings, whether to soar or swoop.
- This is Petronas’ maiden Deepavali ad and this duelling masseurs ad is timeless. My favourite part is when the paati belasah the young sittapa when he changes the music.
- This rib tickling ad is inimitable. The way the paati makes fun of the hip hop youth’s dressing sense undoubtedly sends us into uproarious laughter. An evergreen commercial that never fails to make us laugh and think at the same time. Murunggaka! Gokka makka!
That’s it folks! Hope you enjoy our list up and have an awesome Deepavali 2014!